Coweta and Fayette Counties in the South Atlanta Georgia Metro Area have a Real Estate Story to Tell in 2016!!
Coweta County has seen significantly higher sales over the last 12 months than 2 years ago with the exception of a small dip in September. October 2016 is even with last year’s October sales. Coweta is experiencing softening at the 500K+ price range. The 250K-350K price range is seeing a strong market. Sales in this price range were higher in October than in the hot August market of this year.
Fayette County, overall, is following seasonality trends. The upper-end markets are softening, and have been since July 2016. The upper-end is experiencing a more severe decrease than seasonally expected. There was a large drop from July thru August in sales for 600K+ price ranges, and the trend is not recovering. We are seeing this softening spread into the 400K+ range.
- The average property that sold in Fayette County was on the market for about 44 days.
- The average property that sold in Coweta County was on the market for about 43 days.
- Fayette’s median single-family home value is $254,500.
- Coweta’s median single-family home value is $218,116.
- There are about 440 properties listed on the market in Fayette.
- There is about 782 properties listed on the market in Coweta.
Overall, Coweta and Fayette are experiencing Seller’s Markets. The Average Month Supply in Coweta is 3.5 months. Fayette has an average of 3.3 months supply.
All data as of 11/16/2016 per Georgia Multiple Listing Service.